Monday, August 30, 2010

Operation sleep in your own bed update!

Wow! I can tell by the number of comments from my last post that there is a whole line of people waiting on the edge of their seat to hear how my week went.

S -(18 months), is rockin' the sleeping in his own bed thing! I have really stuck to my guns that poor kid has had to cry himself to sleep everynight and at every nap. He does still cry but I do see a light at the end of the tunnel. Truthfully it has been so much better then I had ever expected.

C -(five), on the other hand, not doing so hot. We gave it a good try for the first few night but I'm afraid with him it will not work to go cold turkey. For five and a half years I have helped that kid go to sleep and then let him come in to bed with me each night, those are some hard habits to break. Sooooo, we are going to go with a more gentle solution. I am going to sleep on an air mattress in his room ( a method found here http://www.sleepyplanet.com/). I know some of you (oh wait, I forgot nobody reads this blog!) may be thinking that this is a little pathetic and we need to just step up and be the parents and force him to sleep alone, but I after a lot of prayer and fasting (oh yeah, I seriously pray and fast about this, it is that BIG of an issue in our home!) I really feel good about this.

So now for weight loss, I have a plan stewing in my little brain but I don't have the time to spell it all out right now. So for now, off to a long to do list and maybe tomorrow I will spend a little therapy time blogging about my fat!

3 comments:

  1. I would have commented but did not know about this awesome blog. I think the sleeping on the floor is a great start for him. i love the blog and hope you let me keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad S is going good! I totally understand the sleep thing...Remeber me bribing B with the sleep Fairy toy under his bed every morning that I didnt see him all night???? Ya, that's just sad...but it worked and he is my child who gives me absolutely no problems with going to/staying asleep. So, I am sure it will work out! LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jamie! I'm so glad I found your new blog, because I can't get my invitation to work for your other ones. Anyway, I relate to much of what you are feeling...Maybe it's in our genes:) I'll be a faithful reader.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete